- Description: Design for a Fictional Fundraising Even using a Scanned Color Image for a full bleed Ad using only Microsoft Word.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): The Ad is made using only Microsoft Word. I was using Word 2010. It started with a scan of the photo which I found in a book of mine, Fantasy Workshop, Published by ImagineFX. The image is a Digital Painting by Artist Lorland Chen. I cropped the image and adjusted saturation and lighting to change the feel of it a little.I then added the text as well as a transparency gradient to allow a better read for the text. After some critiques, I reworked the design to what it is now.
- Message: The message is to tell people of an upcoming Medieval Renaissance Fair that is designed to help raise funds for the Local Hospital’s Cancer Research.
- Audience: The audience is all who are interested in Renaissance Fairs and all who want to help save children from Cancer.
- Color scheme and color names: Analogous using Gold, Orange, and Brick.
- Top Thing Learned: The top thing that I learned is to utilize the flow of the image, for example the location of where a face is looking, to control the Hierarchy and Direction of the text.
- Title Font Name & Category: Amhurst SF, Category: Decorative
- Copy Font Name & Category: Ariel, Category: San Serif
- Scanned images used, sources, original sizes, location of scanner used: The scanned image is from the Book Fantasy Workshop, Published by ImagineFX, the Author of the Article the image is used in is Lorland Chen. Original Size: Approximately 8×8. Scanner used: Spori Basement Lab Scanner.
Description: This is a Flier Project for my Comm 130 class with a specific amount of information and design steps that had to be followed. The project is a Flier for a leadership conference for graduating seniors.
Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): Through this process, I utilized the FOCUS process of Formulating, Organizing, Contrasting, Unifying, and Simplifying. I made sketches with pencil and paper, then started taking the most effective sketch and designing it out in Adobe InDesign. After finishing the rough draft I met with several people both working on the same project as well as those without the same knowledge about design to gain different points of view to get a critique of my design. I took the critiques and ideas and revised my design to what it is now.
Message: Information and Invitation to a leadership conference for graduating seniors
Audience: Graduating Seniors
Top Thing Learned: One of the biggest things that I learned was about the overall feel or style of the design and how it can present a certain message in what it looks like compared to other types of designs. For example, the initial design looked more like a letterhead than a flyer, but after having that pointed out I was able to change the design to look more like a flyer than a letter.
Title Font Name & Category: Caecilia LT Std Bold – Slab Serif
Copy Font Name & Category: Gill Sans MT – San Serif
Links to images used in this project: https://130.commbyui.org/p1-flier/
Welcome to my Blog
My name is Jordan Pope, this blog is designed for Comm 130 and will be filled with much of my work from that class.
Hope you all enjoy.
Thanks and again, welcome.