- Description: Design for a Fictional Fundraising Even using a Scanned Color Image for a full bleed Ad using only Microsoft Word.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): The Ad is made using only Microsoft Word. I was using Word 2010. It started with a scan of the photo which I found in a book of mine, Fantasy Workshop, Published by ImagineFX. The image is a Digital Painting by Artist Lorland Chen. I cropped the image and adjusted saturation and lighting to change the feel of it a little.I then added the text as well as a transparency gradient to allow a better read for the text. After some critiques, I reworked the design to what it is now.
- Message: The message is to tell people of an upcoming Medieval Renaissance Fair that is designed to help raise funds for the Local Hospital’s Cancer Research.
- Audience: The audience is all who are interested in Renaissance Fairs and all who want to help save children from Cancer.
- Color scheme and color names: Analogous using Gold, Orange, and Brick.
- Top Thing Learned: The top thing that I learned is to utilize the flow of the image, for example the location of where a face is looking, to control the Hierarchy and Direction of the text.
- Title Font Name & Category: Amhurst SF, Category: Decorative
- Copy Font Name & Category: Ariel, Category: San Serif
- Scanned images used, sources, original sizes, location of scanner used: The scanned image is from the Book Fantasy Workshop, Published by ImagineFX, the Author of the Article the image is used in is Lorland Chen. Original Size: Approximately 8×8. Scanner used: Spori Basement Lab Scanner.